Once in a while I want something which perhaps quite pricey according to my pocket. Something unnecessary yet I want it badly. To be honest, in terms of money, I am quite hard to my self. I manage my finance well, I always balance it every month and I know exactly where did my pennies go. This my friend, I call it the perks of marrying an accountant! hahaha.
Therefore when there are things (which I consider go to “unnecessary” department) I don’t spoil my desire. I don’t use my saving to buy those things yet I push my self to do something extra to earn what I want. For sure, without disturbing the monthly cash flow. And these are what I usually do:
- Make my own coffee so I can save up around 500 thou per month for not going to Starbucks 😀
- Love the earth more by turning of the aircon, the telly, and also the unused lights. :* Save up the energy as well as the money.
- Being picky in attending social events. Well, I live in suburbs area where I need to pay toll, gasoline and that damn pricey parking fare whenever I decided to be social butterfly in the down town 😛 So, I kinda being selective, I hang out when I really wanna hang out. Surprised me a lot as I managed to save 2 mio in a month when I did this! Yihaaa.
- Pack my own lunch. I love treating myself to a nice meal after that hard day in the office but when this craving of wanting-unnecessary-thing-yet-I-want-it-so-badly comes, I pack my own lunch 5 times a week and I skip dinner at the fancy restaurants Yeah, I am that hard to my self.
- Limit the call, maximize the wifi. Hey, the WA call is doing great though! Skype and Facetime tooo ^_^
- Do a price comparison – and switch the groceries to cheaper one. Ex. I usually use Elle & Vire Butter bar but sometimes I switch to Orchid or Anchor. They both taste pretty much the same.
Not written: All those naggy-whinny voice asking for extra money from hubby 😛 Hahaha!
Anyway, that’s how I save up my money. How about you?